If you are visiting Gaver Farm this weekend, we have put together a Top 10 List of the Best Things to Do while at Gaver Farm! Bring your family and friends and tackle the list, plus all the other awesome activities we have on the farm! Open from 10 am – 10 pm on Friday and Saturday and 10 am – 6 pm on Sunday!
10. Slide down the Silo Chute: It’s the fan favorite of our 10 new Fall Festival activities this year and Farmer Mike has put together a one of a kind activity. Take the bridge to the slide inside the silo and have a blast sliding to the bottom! The Silo Chute is one of the 45 activities in the Fall Fun Festival, an all-inclusive area for fun on the farm!
9. Feed the Ducks at the Pond: Visit Duck Deck to feed the ducks and watch them swim on the farm pond. We have Peking, Crested, Khaki Campbell and Muscovy ducks that love swimming for the yummy floating feed. It’s a great spot to relax on benches by the water! Purchase Feed at the Admission Barn!
8. Free Fudge Tasting: The Barn Bakery is the sweetest spot on the farm featuring fudge, pies, caramel apples and pumpkin spice lattes. We make our own farm fresh fudge and offer free tastings on weekends. Try any of the over 15 kinds of delicious fudge including Caramel Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate and Red Velvet Fudge!
7. Tackle the Maryland Pride Corn Maze: The corn maze is expanded this year to a 7-acre maze with some of Maryland’s favorites- the blue crab, black-eyed Susan and the Maryland flag! NEW this year- use a GPS tool on your smartphone for help (info posted at entrance), or tackle this difficult maze on your own!
6. Take a FREE Hayride: Hayrides are always free at Gaver Farm and run continuously on weekends. Take a ride around the scenic, historic farm and stop in the fields to pick your own pumpkins and Cameo or Fuji apples. We’re always picking pumpkins and the Apple Orchard is open on weekends in October!
5. Reserve a Farm Campfire: Sit around a fire pit with friends and family making s’mores, sipping hot cider and making memories. Campfires are available with reservation on Friday and Saturday nights and Saturday and Sunday afternoons! Nothing says fall like cuddling around a cozy campfire!
4. Visit the Huge Farm Market: Farmer Greg has been busy picking pumpkins, squash, gourds, apples and more to fill the Farm Market with all kinds of fall produce! Pick up some apple cider, jams, fall decor, straw, mums, corn stalks and more! The Farm Market is also home to the Barn Bakery, the sweetest spot on the farm!
3. Feed the Friendly Farm Animals: Gaver Farm has some of the friendliest animals around and they love visitors! There are 12 different kinds of farm animals including the most popular and interactive goats, a litter of baby piglets and their mama, Daisy the donkey and her baby Autumn, sheep, chickens, turkeys, alpacas and more! Pick up some feed at the Admission Barn!
2. Take a Family Photo: Fall is such a beautiful time to take photos outdoors and Gaver Farm is a picturesque farm with many areas for photography. Take some action shots of your kids, or have a friend snap some family photos. We would love to see your photos, so #gaverfarm or tag us @gaverfarm on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
1. Eat a HOT Apple Cider Donut: It’s not fall without our famous apple cider donuts and we make them all weekend! Visit the Barn Grill and ask for some hot donuts! They go great with a cup of cold or hot apple cider and will have you coming back for more!