Visit the Pumpkin Patch
hayrides to pick your own are FREE!
TICKETS are NOT required for hayrides or to pick your own. Pay for your apple bag prior to apple picking. Pay for pumpkins and sunflowers after picking in the Farm Market.
The pumpkin patch is open from 10 am – 6 pm every day with over 12 acres of beautiful pumpkins! See the Hayride Schedule below! Pumpkins are $.65 per pound over 5 pounds, $3.50 each 2-5 pounds and $2.00 each under 2 pounds.
Pick your own sunflowers are available in September (while blooms last). Cost: $2 per bloom. Sunflower Festival opens September 3- we will have beautiful blooms for at least 2 weeks.
Pick your own apples at Gaver Farm! Pick apples from the farm’s beautifully trellised apple trees- grown so you can easily pick without the use of ladders. Varieties available include Blondee, Buckeye, Empire, Cameo and Fuji (dependent on what varieties are ready for harvest when you pick). The Orchard is OPEN on fall Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – 6 pm.
How does it work?
- Purchase a peck ($25) or half bushel ($35) bag in the Farm Market, Admission Barn or Apple Orchard entrance. You may only enter the orchard if you have purchased a bag, limit 4 people per bag. Kids under 2 are not included in 4 person limit. Up to 2 additional pickers are permitted per bag ($2 per person) at the entrance to the Apple Orchard.
- The pick your own bag is valid on the date purchased only.
- You may fill the bag as full as you would like, but may not carry any apples or use other bags.
- You pay for what you pick. If you want to pick more, just purchase another bag!
- No returns of pick your own bags or apples.
- No sampling the apples in the orchard
- Strollers, wagons and backpacks are not permitted in the orchard.
The Farm Market is fully stocked with pumpkins, specialty pumpkins, apples, squash, gourds, mums, corn stalks, straw and more if you are unable to pick your own.
Bulk Produce Ordering is available! Having a party or wedding, or need a wholesale order? Gaver Farm can help! Call 301-865-3515 or email email@example.com for pricing inquires or to place your order.
Weekends: FREE hayrides from 10 am – 6 pm (weather permitting). Hayrides run continuously. The last hayride leaves at 6 pm.
Weekdays: FREE hayrides (for all guests) start every day with the High Noon Hayride (12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 5:30). The daily schedule with hayride departure times is posted at the farm. Take a brief scenic walk to visit the pumpkin patch if there is not a hayride during your visit.
MORNING weekday hayrides are reserved for School Tours with advance reservations.