PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY POLICY
Gaver Farm is a beautiful, picturesque location for family, engagement and holiday shoots. The farm’s apple blossoms, fall orchard, pumpkin patch, festivals and Christmas trees are the perfect backdrop for photography sessions!
Fall Season: September 8 – November 5, 2017 from 10 am – 6 pm daily
Christmas Season: November 24 – December 23, 2017 from 9 am – 5 pm daily
New 2017: No Sessions on Peak days: November 24 – 26 and December 2 – 3, 2017
How to Plan a Photo Session at Gaver Farm?
- Schedule your session.
- Photography Fee: There is a $50 fee per family for sessions held outside regular business hours and dates (listed above). One session is 2 hours or less.
- When Gaver Farm is OPEN there is no fee for photography sessions.
- Check-In: All photographers must check-in prior to your session.
- Check in at the Farm Market with a manager.
- Pay the $50 Photography Fee (unless Gaver Farm is OPEN during your session).
- Confirm your approved Session Request Form and Photography Agreement is on file.
- Gaver Farm is a working farm and for your safety it is imperative that we know you are present. We will direct you to the location you are permitted to take photos (by your request in most cases).
Rules to Remember
- You must park in the parking lot. Driving to the fields is not allowed.
- NO PETS on the farm premises. This includes all photo sessions.
- Be courteous and respectful of our property, farm activities and customers. Props are okay. You should leave the farm in the same condition and cleanliness as when you arrived. Gaver Farm reserves the right to ask you to move or leave the premises if you are disruptive or not complying with the farm’s policies.
- Changes to approved Session Request Forms:
- If the weather is uncertain, please call 301-865-3515 or email [email protected] as we are happy to reschedule your reservation.
- We realize schedules change. If you have a session appointment outside regular business hours and cannot make the appointment please call 301-865-3515 so the Gaver Farm staff person is not unnecessarily waiting for you.
- Published photos (Facebook, Instagram, Blog, web) should credit the location of the photograph (Gaver Farm, Mt. Airy, MD). Gaver Farm welcomes all photo submissions! If you share your photos with us, with your permission and credit, we may use them in print and/or online!
- Fall Season: If you would like to take pictures inside the gated Fall Fun Festival, you and your guests must pay the daily admission per person and wear your wristbands or turn them in at the Wristband Checkpoint (for security to hold for you if you don’t want them in your pictures).
- Apple Orchard: If you would like to take orchard photos, you must purchase a pick your own bag to enter the orchard (1 bag admits 4 people). Do not interfere with other farm guests picking apples. Limit apples used as props to those from your purchased bag. Orchard sessions are only permitted during scheduled PYO apple hours and dates.
- Christmas Season: NO SESSIONS during PEAK WEEKENDS: November 24-26 and December 2-3, 2017. On Christmas season weekends all farm visitors must stop at the exit to have their vehicle inspected for trees and payment. Photography guests that do not make purchases MUST STOP at the exit to communicate with the Farm Manager that the nature of your visit was photography.